[kde-solaris] KDE 4.1.4 IPS packages for OSOL 2008.11

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Feb 6 08:56:00 CET 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 23:25:51 Michael Schuster wrote:
> Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > There are KDE 4.1.4 IPS packages for OSOL 2008.11 32-bit available now.
> > They're hosted on real hardware, not a dodgy VirtualBox, so you should be
> > able to get them this time instead of timing out at each attempt. It *is*
> > my home DSL, though, so downloads will not be fast.

The downloads (by others) are keeping my uplinked completely spanked.

> I installed it, but kde doesn't finish the login process, it crashes.
>
> I've attached an .xsession-errors file from the 2nd attempt; the first is
> significantly longer, but I can supply that as well, if requested.

Please try running some individual applications from within an X session (e.g.
/opt/kde-4.1/bin/konsole) to see how they behave. Please run startkde from a
failsafe session. Please get a backtrace of that crashing ksmserver.

[ade]