[kde-solaris] KDE 4.1.4 IPS packages for OSOL 2008.11

Michael Schuster Michael.Schuster at Sun.COM
Thu Feb 5 23:25:51 CET 2009

Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> There are KDE 4.1.4 IPS packages for OSOL 2008.11 32-bit available now.
> They're hosted on real hardware, not a dodgy VirtualBox, so you should be able
> to get them this time instead of timing out at each attempt. It *is* my home
> DSL, though, so downloads will not be fast.
>
> In theory, you can do
>
> T=bionicmutton
> pkg set-authority -O http://pkg.$T.org:10000/ $T
> pkg refresh $T
> pkg install KDEgdm-integration
>
> and get a KDE 4.1.4 desktop available upon login.

I installed it, but kde doesn't finish the login process, it crashes.

I've attached an .xsession-errors file from the 2nd attempt; the first is
significantly longer, but I can supply that as well, if requested.

thx
Michael
--
Michael Schuster        http://blogs.sun.com/recursion