[kde-solaris] Gentle Question

Moinak Ghosh moinakg at gmail.com
Wed May 14 08:06:46 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Mats Rojestal
<mats.rojestal at bredband.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  There is coming  a very disturbing tone in this exchange of opinions.
>  What we can agree with is The Opensolaris team thats responsible for
>  porting KDE 4.0 to Solaris using Sun Studio compilers are not performing
>  very well.
>  Opensolaris users still lack KDE.

   BeleniX 0.7 provides a highly usable KDE3 environment on OpenSolaris today.
   With 0.7 BeleniX is now essentially a source-level derivative of
Project Indiana.
   As such it will be syncing with the OpenSolaris releases quite closely at the
   source base. For eg. 0.7.1 due in a month will mostly sync with OpenSolaris
   2008.05 (though with a later ON build).

   There is a plan to move to KDE4 by 0.8. Due to a variety of reasons it was
   decided to use KDE + Gcc for BeleniX at present. SUN Studio will however be
   looked at in the future.

Regards,
Moinak.