[kde-solaris] SRSS + KDE4

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed May 14 03:00:24 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 00:11:07 LeBar, Russell J wrote:
> > I've been meaning to upgrade to KDE 4 at home, maybe it would
> > be a good test?
>
> I have yet to try KDE 4 out. I got the impression that it was pushed out
> the door to get a platform out there for developers, etc. to play with.
> It's useable but I think KDE 4.1 will be the first really good KDE 4.x
> version.

4.0.0 was somewhat rushed and feature incomplete. 4.0.4 is a pretty good linux
desktop. 4.1 (upcoming, not sure of the state of the tree right now) will be
a pretty good solaris desktop; it's all I use at home, modulo the issues I
mentioned in a different thread: there's still one *real* showstopper.

[ade]