[kde-solaris] Integrating KDE into GDM on OpenSolaris 2008.05

Dave Price dap at aber.ac.uk
Mon Jun 30 15:54:13 CEST 2008

Dear All,

As I mentioned in another email, I am currently
playing with OpenSolaris (/ Solaris Express) on
SPARC and X86.

On X86 (on a machine where I have
"OpenSolaris 2008.05" but
patched up to  B91, I have just downloaded

http://www.bionicmutton.org/solaris/KDE/x86/KDE-all-x86-823362.tar.gz

which I then un-gtarred in /opt as instructed...

I am now trying to work out   how to get gdm to
offer KDE as an alternative window manager etc.

I have looked at the instructions at the bottom
of the techbase KDE document, but they
of course apply to a world using the /usr/dt stuff
which is now not used in "OpenSolaris 2008.05".

Any chance someone can either tell me what to
do, or point me at some documents etc.

Am I also correct in my feelings that the
file I have downloaded has lots of QT stuff missing??

Thanks,

Dave Price
	| David Price, Computer Science				|
	|							|
	|  Computer Science, University of Wales, Aberystwyth,	|
	|  Penglais Campus, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3DB	|
	| Email: dap at aber.ac.uk WWW: http://www.aber.ac.uk/~dap |
	|  Phone: +44 1970 622428   FAX: +44 1970 622455	|