[kde-solaris] Query regarding KDE-4.0 login

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jul 10 20:00:51 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 14:23:19 Narendra Kumar S.S wrote:
> googol:~> startkde
> ld.so.1: kde4-config: fatal: libQtCore.so.4: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> ld.so.1: kdostartupconfig4: fatal: libQtCore.so.4: open failed: No such
> file

For KDE4 issues, it's best to use kde-discuss at opensolaris.org. This bit of the
error messages shows that your RPATHs are not set correctly. You need to pass
-R/path/to/installed/qt all over the place when building KDE; usually as part
of the CMAKE_CXXFLAGS. Since you're getting these errors, you're probably not
using the KDE4 build system from the KDE4-Solaris team (which does KDE4 with
Studio 12). See techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Solaris

For the shell errors from startkde, that again suggests you're not using our
patched startkde nor a very recent KDE trunk checkout, since those bash-isms
(which is really what the ! error messages are complaining about) have been
fixed in trunk and 4.1 branch.