[kde-solaris] Successfully build of KDE-3.5.7 on sparcv9 Solaris10

Heiko Falk Heiko.Falk at udo.edu
Wed Jun 27 09:07:08 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch 27 Juni 2007 09:00:53 schrieb Adriaan de Groot:
> On Wednesday 27 June 2007 08:18:03 Heiko Falk wrote:
> >    - kpilotDaemon crashes after each HotSync and thus needs to be
> >      restarted manually.
>
> Frankly, I'm astonished it works at all.

<heheheh> Wonders happen!		:)

If you followed the mail traffic concerning Michaels KDE a bit, you remember
that he proposed to use the libz.so from Solaris, instead of the libz he has
built. The reason for this libz issue was strange behavior of konsole
concerning tty setting (rows, columns, Ctrl-C, ...).

I didn't check the kpilotDaemon crashes thoroughly yet, but I got the
impression that these regular crashes after each HotSync only appear when
using the Solaris libz. I'll play a little bit around with the two libz's and
their influence on kpilotDaemon.

Regards

  Heiko

Dr. Heiko Falk

University of Dortmund
Department of Computer Science 12 (Embedded Systems Group)
Otto-Hahn-Strasse 16, Room E-19

44221 Dortmund
Germany

Phone:  +49 231 755 6124