[kde-solaris] Improve Startup-Speed for KDE!?

michael schuster Michael.Schuster at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 4 17:14:57 CEST 2007

Michael Lindig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to improve the startup speed of KDE. In Linux you can use prelinked
> files and I know on Solaris you can improve some search path and object
> relocations with 'crle'.

have you measured what causes the long startup time? it would be a pity
if your effort was wasted on speeding up something that's already fast
(enough) ;-))
(and those who know me will know the tool I'd suggest ... DTrace!)

cheers
Michael
--
Michael Schuster	Sun Microsystems, Inc.