[kde-solaris] KDE and KDE SDK in bad shape in belenix 0.5.1

Manish Chakravarty manishchaks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 13:54:36 CET 2007

Hi All,

I a newbie to Belenix, but i comfortable with linux
Also, i am involved with KDE development and contribute code to it.
The KDE and KDE SDK supplied with Belenix are in bad shape.

I am using belenix 0.5.1

The problems with belenix are
1) KDE is compiled in debug mode. It's not very stable (xfce is
compiled in release!)
2) Qt development environment not setup properly (QMAKESPEC not set ,
two options are viable solaris-cc or solaris-g++, depending upon the
compiler you want to use)
3) everything relating to the SDK seems so to be dumped in /usr/foss

I offer to do my bit and fix this stuff, given an acccount

Thanks
Manish