[kde-solaris] [kde-discuss] KBE 1.0 - Build enviroment for KDE

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 11 18:04:17 CET 2007

Shawn Walker wrote:

> The pissing off the sysadmins is still an issue I would like to see
> resolved.

I can't resolve it, and i am not going to waste any time on it.

I can't control when or why someone gets pissed off  because of some
arbitrary $REASON related to a directory location, and neither can
you. This is a Red Herring(TM).

Especially when the fundamental reason behind them getting pissed off
is "Someone Moved My Cheese!".

Cheese moves. That's life.

> This is another, separate issue that I brought up a few days
> ago. So this isn't a "new one" or an excuse. I don't see how the
> installation path != runpath.

man ld.

I'll repeat myself: the runtime loader /usr/lib/ld.so.1 does *NOT*
bind to the filename. It binds to $SONAME.

-z nodefaultlib -B group.

Stefan Teleman
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
stefan.teleman at Sun.COM