[kde-solaris] KBE 1.0 - Build enviroment for KDE

Lukas Oboril oboril.lukas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:21:52 CET 2007

Hi Adriaan,

yes, it could be possible. You can specify your own destination
directory. It's the first question in installation process.
/opt/kdebld is pre-defined and strongly recommended, because there is
little hack at the end of installation script which is create symbolic
link from your specify Sun Studio directory to /opt/SS12/SUNWspro.
This path (/opt/SS12/SUNWspro) is used in some patches. If you don't
have write permission to /opt, then /opt/SS12/SUNWspro symbolic link
will not created.

Where is your Sun Studio 12 installed ?

here is the part which ask the directory question .....

===== from kbe-install =====
get_dir "Enter the base directory (prefix) of the kbe" \
		kbe_prefix $kbe_prefix root
	    if [ "$kbe_prefix" = "/" -o "$kbe_prefix" = "/tmp" ]; then
		echo "This directory is not allowed."
		echo "Please choose a different one as the kbe prefix"
		repeat=yes

In example, if you'll choose /usr/kdebuild then in kbe-install script
will set up kbe_prefix=/usr/kdebuild and in !!! KBE !!! spec files is
this part :

#%{?!kbe_prefix:%define kbe_prefix /opt/kdebld}

I will work on it tomorrow

Have a nice day ...