[kde-solaris] KBE 1.0 - Build enviroment for KDE

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Dec 6 16:16:55 CET 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> I'm not too crazy about /opt/kdesupport mostly because it doesn't
> sound too intuitive to me (in my mind anything with the word "support"
> in it is a phone number you call to complain when something isn't
> working :-).
>
> Maybe /opt/kdelocal or /opt/kderuntime or /opt/kdesolaris ?

It's just because we have a SVN module named like that with all kinds of
additional libraries that aren't part of KDE proper, but are dependencies.

Heck, we *could* put everything that KDE4 needs under /opt/kde-4.x, including
Qt and all the other dependencies. Keeps it all out of the way, and should
someone else want to build Qt with a different C++ standard library they can
put it in the more obvious /opt/qt-foo location.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot