[kde-solaris] [kde-discuss] KBE 1.0 - Build enviroment for KDE

Lukas Oboril oboril.lukas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 10:14:59 CET 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 3:47 PM, Shawn Walker <swalker at opensolaris.org> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2007 8:33 AM, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> > If I recall correctly, we were going to:
> >
> > - Install dependencies in /opt/kdesupport, including libstdcxx
> > - Install Qt in /opt/qt-<version>
> > - Install KDE in /opt/kde-<version>
> >
> > But that can be found somewhere in the archives of kde-solaris (or in Stefan's
> > memory, I'm sure).
>
> Personally, I can't support that since all of our C++ things will be
> compiled against stdcxx and that makes them incompatible with anything
> compiled with the standard C++ library supplied with Solaris.
>
> As a result, I wouldn't want our version of Qt or to be located in
> /opt/qt-X since that makes it too easy to conflict with our special
> build.

This is the reason why I chose spec files.

You can redefine paths here ....
https://svn2.cvsdude.com/kdesolaris/trunk/SPECS/include/paths.inc a
then you can build all spec files with new (your defined) paths.

Here is snap from libotf.spec

#
# spec file for package FOSSlibotf
#
# includes module(s): libotf
#
%include paths.inc
%include libotf_flags.inc

..... cuted ....

%define _prefix %{_foss_prefix}

...  cuted ....

./configure	--prefix=%{_prefix} --with-x --x-includes=/usr/X11/include
--x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib

And if look into paths.inc then you can see ...

... cuted ...

%define _foss_prefix /opt/foss

... cuted ...

If you change %define _foss_prefix to /opt/kdesupport, everything goes
to /opt/kdesupport. It's easy.

> I still think the best option is to do something like:
>
> /opt/kdesupport/qt/4.x
> /opt/kdesupport/qt/3.x
> /opt/kde/4.x
> /opt/kde/3.x
> /opt/stdcxx/x.x/

Stdcxx could be under /opt/kdesupport/ too.

As I said paths can be changed generally from one place.

Have a nice day

--
Lukas 'Luc' Oboril
IRC nickname: luc^ at freenode

When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with
creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotions,
creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.
  Dale Carnegie