[kde-solaris] KDE specs files

Lukas Oboril oboril.lukas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:54:02 CET 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 12:01 AM, Stefan Teleman <stefan.teleman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 December 2007 17:42, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 December 2007 22:08, Lukas Oboril wrote:
> > > I prepare those files for simply create SVR4 packages. In this
> > > time there are few spec files, but I believe the number of spec
> > > files will be grow up.
> >
> > These are intended to package all of the dependencies for KDE
> > eventually?
>
> Yes, the plan is to be able to download all the KDE dependencies + all
> of KDE4 from source, make some simple edits in a few KBE
> configuration files, type "make", leave it to build for a few (or
> not-so-few) hours, and then come back and have everything built and
> installed.

Hi,

this is the reason , why I would make a spec files for pkgtool. Spec
files are very simple to maintain and excellent create SVR4 package.
You guys (Stefan, Adriaan ... and others ) are doing amazing work with
create main patches to able compile KDE-like things (support tools
also) on Solaris and I would like to help you with prepare packages a
put them for public testiting.

--
Lukas 'Luc' Oboril
IRC nickname: luc^ at freenode

When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with
creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotions,
creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.
  Dale Carnegie