[kde-solaris] Directory layout, target platforms

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Aug 20 12:04:57 CEST 2007

On Monday 20 August 2007, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> On Sunday 19 August 2007 18:01, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > Target STL .. gee, who knew there were multiple STL implementations
> > available by default? (Bear with me, I'm a BSD guy). I found
> > http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/articles/cmp_stlport_libCstd.ht
> >ml which recommends libstlport for setups where binary compatibility
> > with existing libraries is not needed -- and I think we satisfy
> > that. The stlport library also avoids a few compile errors that I'm
> > working around, so I think we should add -library=stlport4 to the
> > standard C++ flags for KDE on Solaris.
>
> Problem with stlport4 is that there is no localization/multibyte
> encoding support, whereas with the Sun libCrun/libCstd +
> Sun/RogueWave STL there is.

I don't really know what that means or if it is relevant -- is there anywhere
in our software stack that this is likely to be used?

More practically, it seems like (cmake) configure checks fail to detect
libraries built with stlports, so I'm back with the Cstd ones now. That means
a few more #ifs in KDE.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot