[kde-solaris] Having problems setting up kde

Gary Gatling gsgatlin at eos.ncsu.edu
Mon Apr 9 23:12:22 CEST 2007

Sorry. I guess I am too stupid to use kde on solaris. I can't make sense
of the man pages you refered me to. They don't mention anything about how
to configuyre another session type. And I see it doesn't work like it does
on Red Hat Linux, I don't see a /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/ dir for example.

I tried running gdmsetup, but it only had setting for visual type things.
What kind of greeter do you want, etc.

I don't even know what the hell dtlogin is.

Thanks anyways...

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Stefan Teleman wrote:

> On Monday 09 April 2007 16:42, Gary Gatling wrote:
>> Greetings,,
>>
>> I followed the instructions here:
>>
>> http://solaris.kde.org/instructions.php
>>
>> But I am not seeing kde as one of the choices in the gdm login
>> screen. All I see as session choices are:
>
> mkdtlogin oesn't do anything for gdm, only for dtlogin.
>
> maybe i should write a mkgdmlogin. :-)
>
> To enable KDE in gdm, you need to run gdmsetup and
> edit /etc/X11/gdm.conf
>
> man gdmsetup(1)
> man gdm(1)
>
> --Stefan
>
> --
> Stefan Teleman			'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
> KDE e.V.						-Monty Python
> stefan.teleman at gmail.com

Gary Gatling      | ITECS Systems
ITECS, BOX 7901   | Operations and Systems Analyst
NCSU, Raleigh, NC | Email: gsgatlin at eos.ncsu.edu
27695-7901        | Phone: (919) 513-4572 (5B Page Hall)