[kde-solaris] [Fwd: Re: [SunRay-Users] [Fwd: why is Xsun removing /tmp/.ICE-unix]]

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue Sep 5 21:43:10 CEST 2006

fyi...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SunRay-Users]	[Fwd: [kde-solaris] why is Xsun removing
/tmp/.ICE-unix]
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:21:24 -0400
From: Bob Doolittle <Robert.Doolittle at sun.com>

Hi,

This would be a better question for the
desktop-discuss at opensolaris.org mailing list, since although there are
Sun Ray experts on this list what you describe seems to be a KDE
behavior, and would need to be fixed in KDE...  Or maybe somebody who
knows KDE could suggest a way to tune or configure KDE to avoid this
behavior.

I can however suggest a better workaround - add the necessary code into
/usr/dt/config/Xsetup (this is invoked whenever a new X server starts
up, and runs with root permissions).  That's not a fix, but it's a
lighter-weight workaround.

-Bob