[kde-solaris] KDE 3.80.2 (development version) for Sun Solaris 8 and higher

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 00:27:47 CET 2006

Hello,

Ref: ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/3.80.2/src/

I was asked a few weeks ago about a port of KDE 3.80.2 for Solaris which dwelves into a few
areas of concern. KDE is a little time-consuming as you have to check legacy packages against newer libs or add newer libs because of new features.

This led up the Qt 4.2.x. Qt 4.2.x changes a lot of things. I've made Qt 4.2.0 available over at http:// www.Blastwave.org/testing for those who need it. It'll get the job done and works well. Soon, you can build 64-bit KDE apps if you want to based on the Sun port of KDE.

KOffice 1.6.0 is also out as well. I like the small footprint of KOffice over OpenOffice.

We'll focus mainly on KDE 4.0 for the next official CSW production release. There are some growing pains in doing that, but it'll be an interesting journey...

~ Ken Mays @ Blastwave.org