[kde-solaris] Language input selection windows

Laurent Blume laurent at elanor.org
Wed Nov 8 11:24:49 CET 2006

Mikael Dalsgard a écrit :
> This is probably not strictly a KDE related question. But I know I read a response
> to the same issue that I have, but I can't seem to find it in the archives, so here
> goes. Just pointing me to the correct thread there is perfectably acceptable :-)
>
> I have a MacBook with Solaris installed (SE/Nevada build 50). Beneath every
> terminal window, and also several of the others, there is a small language
> selection windows. You can select different input with it. I can find information
> about this in the Solaris documentation. But I can't seem to be able to turn it
> off! Especially in KDE the text sometimes linger around even after the window
> dissappear etc. So it can be quite frustrating. In the taskbar I (sometimes) might
> see icon/task indicating a an app called "iiixm" or something similar.
>
> As previously mentioned; I recall someone asking about the same thing here
> before and got a reply which helped him.

In recent builds (or with patche 120410 (SPARC) or 120411), there is a
tool called iiim-properties that allows to disable that, at least in
GNOME (its behaviour did not seem to be very consistant, but at least, I
got rid of those windows, so I didn't look any further).

For CDE apps, this works, it might help with KDE too (I haven't tried):

Add the following line to ~/.Xdefaults:

*preeditType:

Then reload it:
$ xrdb -override ~/.Xdefaults