[kde-solaris] Konversation and Sun Studio

Mikael Dalsgard mikaeld at online.no
Tue Jan 31 15:06:38 CET 2006

Hi!

I am attempting to compile Konversation (a KDE IRC client) using Sun
Studio 11 (due to my KDE and Qt being compiled with this). Quite a lot
of it compiles cleanly apart from having to add a couple of header files
here and there. But I am stuck in a part where the compiler complains
about not being able to find a proper match for an instantiation of a
template (instantiated from another template).

Without providing too much detail on this occation, I just want to ask
if the Sun compilers are known to have problems with templates (or
perhaps: if template based source code mainly created with gcc in mind,
usually proves to be a hassle compiling with Sun Studio)?

Micke
--
  now is the only thing that is real