[kde-solaris] Compilation patches for KDE/Solaris

Albert Chin kde-solaris at mlists.thewrittenword.com
Tue Jan 17 20:15:31 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 09:28:00AM -0500, Derek Konigsberg wrote:
> It seems like too many source patches are required for KDE to
> compile cleanly on Solaris.  Is their any chance that most of these
> patches could be rolled into the KDE baseline itself?

FYI, the latest HP-UX 11.23/IA-64 C++ compiler and the latest SGI C++
compiler can build KDE much better than Studio 10 out of the box. We
currently have arts, kdebase, kdelibs, kdegraphics, and kdenetwork
build with both of these compilers. We haven't tested extensively but
kate works fine.

Both of these compilers use the commercial EDG C++ front-end. I wonder
if Sun rolls their own front-end.
  http://www.edg.com/

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)