[kde-solaris] Konsole broken ?

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Feb 28 02:18:31 CET 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 11:08, Shane Ludwig wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
> I wondered if you'd had a chance to look at this and what, if
> anything, you might have found ?  For now, I'm still sourcing
> /etc/profile and $HOME/.profile manually each time I open a new
> window, which is a bit of a pain.  I had wondered if it might not
> be a case of konsole ignoring the -ls flags, but instead something
> in the way ksh is called.  However, I tried changing my shell to
> bash, and even created a new user with bash shell, and both had the
> same issue.
>
> I installed the Sparc pkgs on my new Ultra 60 at home, and it has
> the same issue.  In addition, everything I type there gets echoed
> back to me twice before it is executed.  For instance:
>
> $ ls
> ls
> ls
> [file listing]
>
> Again this seems to be limited to konsole, while dtterm and xterm
> work fine. I thought that looked like something in the stty
> settings, but they look normal to me and pretty much match what I
> have on my Solaris 9 boxes.
>
> Any ideas ?

Hi Shane

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier -- i planned on looking at
this this weekend then i got distracted with other things.

Konsole has changed between 3.4.1 and 3.4.3 -- in 3.4.3 it uses screen
-- so for 3.4.3 each Konsole session is in fact a screen session.

I'm attaching my own konsolerc and .screenrc. konsolerc goes in
$HOME/.kde-3.4.3/share/config/konsolerc and .screenrc goes in
${HOME}/.screenrc.

In .screenrc, you will see the following lines (starting on line 25):

# make the shell in every window a login shell
#shell -$SHELL

Could you please uncomment the line '#shell -$SHELL' and let me know
if that makes a difference.