[kde-solaris] Sunray on KDE-343 ( was: KDE 3.4.3 install questions )

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Sat Feb 25 16:46:22 CET 2006

Hi,

   I have verified that I can start the Studio 10 compiled  KDE 3.4.3 -
X86  on a SunRay,
I am using  64 bit solaris10u1  on a dualcore Athlon64.
However when I run  pldd(1)  on the running binaries they have  linked
up the
/usr/X11/lib/NVIDIA/libGLcore.so.1
/usr/X11/lib/NVIDIA/libnvidia-tls.so.1
/usr/X11/lib/NVIDIA/libGL.so.1

So  I assume that you need to install the NVIDIA  graphics driver on the
server  even if you do not
have a nVidia  graphics card in it.
The SunRay obviously dont have a nVidia card.

Please note  that  I have only run this for  10 minutes  there is no
assurance from my part that this risk free :-)

//Lars