[kde-solaris] Installation questions

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Feb 14 01:01:15 CET 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 11:42, Dino Linux wrote:
> I unpacked the archive, but I can't see any package files. Only
> directories with sources. Where are the package files? What do I do
> next?

OK.

Which archive did you unpack and what directories do you see.

A Sun (SVR4) package (or patch) actually are a directories. Inside
these directories there are many other files and directories. Don't
let the way they look confuse you. If your experience is mostly with
Linux-style packages (like rpm), SVR4 packages look very different
indeed. Nothing to worry about, they still work. :-)

Just reply to me privately and i will help you.