[kde-solaris] KDE 3.4.3 Patches and Upgrades

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sat Apr 15 23:14:52 CEST 2006

Hi.

I have uploaded the following set of binary patches for KDE 3.4.3
IA32AMD32 and UltraSPARC-II:

KDE20060415-01
KDE20060415-02
KDE20060415-03
KDE20060415-04
KDE20060415-05
KDE20060415-06
KDE20060415-07
KDE20060415-08
KDE20060415-09
KDE20060415-10

These patches fix a considerable number of bugs reported here, amongst
which the Konsole problems on SPARC, as well as the left arrow
problems in Kate. Also fixed is the spurious Quanta hang on startup
bug.

There are also numerous bugfixes resulting from a Coverity source code
scan which was run against kdelibs-3.4.3 and kdebase-3.4.3.

In addition to these (and many other) bug fixes, a number of new
packages are provided, as an upgrade:

kssh-0.7 (many thanks to Dr. Heiko Falk for letting me know about it)
kvpnc-0.8.3 (KDE VPN Client)
kpogre-1.3.7 (KDE PostgreSQL 7.4.6 front-end)

KVpnc requires the TUN/TAP Solaris kernel driver, and OpenVPN 2.0.5,
which are provided as part of this upgrade. After applying the
patches, the kernel drivers can be found
in /opt/fsw4sun/OpenVPN-2.0.5/kernel/drv. The drivers must be
manually installed in /kernel/drv. For IA32AMD32 there are 32-bit and
64-bit versions of the TUN/TAP driver. For UltraSPARC-II, only the
64-bit version of the driver is provided.

For information about installing and configuring a Solaris kernel
driver, please consult the man pages for add_drv(1M), devfsadm(1M)
and modinfo(1M).

I strongly recommend exiting all KDE running instances before applying
these patches.

As usual, please feel free to email me directly with any questions or
problems.