[kde-solaris] Sol9+Kde3.3.1+Ultra: smb Konqueror does not work!!

Jaime Peñalba jpenalba at corenetworks.es
Fri Mar 11 14:24:09 CET 2005

Im trying to fix this for 3.4 release, its already done, excepting those
2 errors.

I hope anyone on the list could help us to find the problem, because im
becoming crazy, i have tryed several samba releases from 2.2.8 to
3.0.11, with same results, recompiled kio_smb with same errors, i
cleaned all samba installations and i dont know why kio_smb.so is linked
against libsmbclient.so.0 wich doesnt exists, when it should be linking
against libsmbclient.so.0

Also making a symbolic link from libsmbclient.so to libsmbclient.so.0,
gaves me the same error...

The cups error is much more stranger, it searchs for symbol main, wich
is undefined on all libcups.so.2 that i have found... ????

# nm /usr/local/lib/libcups.so.2 | grep main
       U main

Does anyone know something about this problems?

Adrian Murillo wrote:

> Hi,
> I just finished loading KDE 3.3.1 to my Ultra 5 running Solaris 9,
> When I open Konqueror, LAN browser does not work and smb:// does not
> work either, any suggestion on how to make it work?
>
> I have samba 3.0.4 running adn I can access all my shares from my
> Windows workstations, I would like to be able to do the same from my
> Ultra and sparc5 machines:
>
> When I try smb://localhost
>  I get the error message:
> "an error ocurred while loading smb://localhost/:
> Could not start process unable to create io-slave:
> klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_smb'.
>
> When I click on LAN browser (using Konqueror), I get the mesage:
> Error - Konqueror
> The Lisa daemon does not appear to be running.
> In order to use the LAN Browser the Lisa daemon must be installed and
> activated by the system administraotr.
>
> but I have configured it thru the Control Manager..
>
> And one more thing, when trying to use cups I get the message:

After configuring lisa, you must launch it manually as root
# lisa

and its done