[kde-solaris] Sol9+Kde3.3.1+Ultra: smb Konqueror does not work!!

Adrian Murillo MURILLA1 at WESTAT.com
Tue Mar 8 02:03:15 CET 2005

Hi,
I just finished loading KDE 3.3.1 to my Ultra 5 running Solaris 9,
When I open Konqueror, LAN browser does not work and smb:// does not work either, any suggestion on how to make it work?
I have samba 3.0.4 running adn I can access all my shares from my Windows workstations, I would like to be able to do the same from my Ultra and sparc5 machines:

When I try smb://localhost
 I get the error message:
"an error ocurred while loading smb://localhost/:
Could not start process unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_smb'.

When I click on LAN browser (using Konqueror), I get the mesage:
Error - Konqueror
The Lisa daemon does not appear to be running.
In order to use the LAN Browser the Lisa daemon must be installed and activated by the system administraotr.

but I have configured it thru the Control Manager..

And one more thing, when trying to use cups I get the message:

The error was an error loading kdeprint_cups. The diagnostic is:
id.so.1:kcmshell:fatal:relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/libcups.so.2: symbol main: referenced symbol not fund.
 but that files exists there.

Any idea on how to fix this? I am somehow a newbie on this, I love KDE on Solaris/sparc/ultra and I really would like to have these somehow fixed.
Thanks much!
Adrian