[kde-solaris] New Applications and a Patch
steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jul 17 04:53:24 CEST 2005
I have uploaded packages for some new applications for KDE 3.4.1, both
IA32 and UltrSPARC:
1. For UltraSPARC only:
- KDEopenssh-381. this was part of the big KDErequired, but somehow
did not get packaged. this package fixes this problem, and it can be
found in the REQUIRED directory under ULTRASPARC.
- KDEscribus-121. this is the UltraSPARC build of Scribus 1.2.1.
2. For Both IA32 And UltraSPARC:
- GwenView 1.2.0. this is a very nice image manipulation/graphics
program with lots of features.
- DigiKam 0.7.3. if you are lucky and your digital camera has a
Solaris driver, DigiKam is for you. :-) it can organize your photos
in albums, and it has tons of image editing and transformation
For a very good explanation on how to configure and install a digital
camera on Solaris 10, please go here:
GwenView depends on a library module (libkipi) which is installed by
the DigiKam package. So, if you install GwenView, you must install
These applications are in the KDE directory.
i discovered today that KCalc misbehaves (on IA32 only). i will have a
patch as soon as i fix it. hopefully tomorrow.
Stefan Teleman 'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
steleman at nyc.rr.com -Monty Python
More information about the kde-solaris