No subject

Fri Jan 21 21:43:21 CET 2005

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 11:09:20PM -0400, steleman at nyc.rr.com wrote:
> This is only true for Solaris x86 which currently has no 64-bit support.
> It is not true for Solaris SPARC. The patches should be #ifdef'd for Solaris
> x86.
>
> --Stefan

I do not believe the above to be accurate.

[clayne at build01-sol8-sparc ~]$ uname -a
SunOS build01-sol8-sparc.corp.tellme.com 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-cEngine

[clayne at build01-sol8-sparc ~]$ egrep 'OFFSET_BITS|large files' /usr/include/sys/swap.h
#if !defined(_LP64) && _FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64
#error  "Cannot use swapctl in the large files compilation environment"

[clayne at sparc-hatch01 ~]$ uname -a
SunOS sparc-hatch01.dev.villa.tellme.com 5.8 Generic_108528-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

[clayne at sparc-hatch01 ~]$ egrep 'OFFSET_BITS|large files' /usr/include/sys/swap.h
#if !defined(_LP64) && _FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64
#error  "Cannot use swapctl in the large files compilation environment"

----

Whats cracks me up is that I start working on some obscure section of kdebase
in regards to Solaris specifics that has not been touched in months and
months and you all of a sudden you feel it necessary to jump on it and point
out how my patches are wrong and how I'm "doing it all wrong." and then begin
your own work on it - after which you've finished you send an email to kde-core-devel
smearing my patch as "bad patch" *without* even CCing me at all.

All I know is that I don't like people flat-out misrepresenting me, particularly
in cases where they want *their* version/changes/contribution/etc to be used
instead.

-cl