[kde-solaris] GNU Makefiles should only use Bourne Shell Syntax - Not Bash.

Rolf Sponsel Rolf.Sponsel at kstr.lth.se
Mon Jan 31 20:22:44 CET 2005

Stefan Teleman, 2005-01-31 19:58 GMT +01:00, wrote:

> On Monday 31 January 2005 13:49, Rolf Sponsel wrote:
>
>>I'm just trying to sort out a common misconception
>>about the GNU Tools in order to avoid distinguished
>>people, like the KDE Solaris maintainer, to spread
>>fud in this area.
>

> And exactly what kind of FUD am i spreading ? Would you mind backing
> up your statement with facts ? Or retracting it.
>
> --Stefan

Stefan, with all respect, I'd love to be able to retract it,
but didn't you write:

> It is not true that the FSF pages contain references to the Bourne
> shell. They contain references to /bin/sh, which on GNU/Linux means
> the Bourne Again Shell, i.e. bash.

This statement, see link below, is - unfortunately - entirely false,
and lacks any kind of back up. Please prove me being wrong.

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-solaris&m=110718905102403&w=2
MARC: msg 'Re: [kde-solaris] Re: Unhelpful error building dcop in kdelibs'

They, the GNU people, explicitly mention that they do *NOT*
mean bash when they refer to '/bin/sh'.

--
----
------