[kde-solaris] ld error in compiling kdevelop on Solaris

rain cip raincip at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 00:13:35 CET 2005

Well, I finally got it to compile in the end with the Sun linkder ld.  Setting environment variable
CFLAGS=-fPIC did the trick.  Even though only the libdb.a was created as usual, all the
shared libraries linked happily to it.  I don't know why.  I found the kdevelop 3.1.91, i.e. the 3.2
beta, addded this flag when compiling libdb.  Then all information I could find on the web
indicates that that is a bug fix intended to fix an amd64 linking issue even  though the
symptom appears to be identical to what I had seen on sparc.

rain