[kde-solaris] KDE 3.3.2, patches for 3.3.1 and some news :-)

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jan 14 06:33:23 CET 2005

Hi.

I thought i'd give a short update on where i am and what i am doing.

I've been writing the Solaris-specific missing modules in KSysguard,
KInfoCenter and KControl (CPU, disks, SCSI, audio, memory, swap,
kernel stuff, etc, etc). I'm not slacking. :-) I'm almost done with
the SCSI/DiskStat module, and i think there's only two left after
this one. You'll be able to see some useful information about your
system. :-)

Once i'm done with this, i will post patches for 3.3.1 with this new
functionality for KSysguard and KInfoCenter, and then i will build
and release 3.3.2 with all the security updates.

And now for the news: i'm getting a Solaris 9 x86 (well in fact
Opteron) box. It should get here this month. Which means i will be
able to build KDE for Solaris 9 x86 with Sun Studio 9. I am hoping to
have the full AMD build done sometime second half of March.