[kde-solaris] KDE 3.3.2, patches for 3.3.1 and some news :-)

Christopher Layne clayne at anodized.com
Thu Feb 3 10:39:00 CET 2005

We've been over the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS issue before. Go look on the 64-bit
machines. The same limitations are there for swap.h.

But honestly do whatever you want with the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS issue. I'm tired
of talking about it.

As discussed before:

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 11:09:20PM -0400, steleman at nyc.rr.com wrote:
> This is only true for Solaris x86 which currently has no 64-bit support.
> It is not true for Solaris SPARC. The patches should be #ifdef'd for Solaris
> x86.
>
> --Stefan

I do not believe the above to be accurate.

[clayne at build01-sol8-sparc ~]$ uname -a
SunOS build01-sol8-sparc.corp.tellme.com 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-cEngine

[clayne at build01-sol8-sparc ~]$ egrep 'OFFSET_BITS|large files' /usr/include/sys/swap.h
#if !defined(_LP64) && _FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64
#error  "Cannot use swapctl in the large files compilation environment"

[clayne at sparc-hatch01 ~]$ uname -a
SunOS sparc-hatch01.dev.villa.tellme.com 5.8 Generic_108528-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

[clayne at sparc-hatch01 ~]$ egrep 'OFFSET_BITS|large files' /usr/include/sys/swap.h