[kde-solaris] GNU Makefiles should only use Bourne Shell Syntax - Not Bash.

Rolf Sponsel Rolf.Sponsel at kstr.lth.se
Tue Feb 1 02:12:59 CET 2005

Stefan Teleman, 2005-02-01 00:16 GMT +01:00, wrote:

> On Monday 31 January 2005 17:34, Rolf Sponsel wrote:
>

>>And remember, this is *not* about Solaris.
>

> This *is* the kde-solaris list, if i am not mistaken, Dr. Watson ?
>
> --Stefan

Stefan,

<Off-Topic>
Although I'm not "Dr. Watson ?"; Yes, this is the kde-solaris list :-)
and therefore it's quite irrelevant how sh is implemented in Linux.
</Off-Topic>

Helping people to understand and develop using the GNU Tools,
in order to archive maximum portability, is very relevant to
the kde-solaris list (and should be very appreciated by the
official KDE on Solaris maintainer).

Now, let's end this discussion.

I'm quite sure that the majority of the readers
of the kde-solaris list by now are quite aware
of what shell dialect(s) to avoid, in conjunction
with the GNU Tools, and those still in doubt are
recommended to consult the GNU tool documentation.

Period.

--
----
------