[kde-solaris] Openssl undefined variables in kde 3.3.0

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 15 03:48:46 CEST 2004

Hi.

If you look in kdelibs/kio/kssl/kopenssl.cc, the initialization of
OpenSSL is done by explicitly attempting to load symbols via
KLibrary::symbol (const char*name) (in
kdelibs/kdecore/klibloader.cpp). Some of these symbols, as you
mention, belong to OpenSSL 0.9.6, but it looks like they dont' exist
in OpenSSL 0.9.7 (i have not built KDE against OpenSSL 0.9.7, so i am
not really knowledgeable in what the problems with this version of
OpenSSL may be). The errors you see on tty are the errors reported by
KLibrary::symbol() and dlerror(3DL) when libdl.so tries to dlsym(3DL)
something and it returns NULL because it can't find the symbol.

--Stefan

-----