[kde-solaris] Re: kde-solaris Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5

michael.szengel at philips.com michael.szengel at philips.com
Fri Oct 8 14:29:50 CEST 2004

Hi Olaf,

although I have not yet installed Stefans most recent release, I faced a
very similar or even the same problem with other releases as well.
If this is the case I have a good and a bad messages for you!
The good messages is:  everythig with the KDE version is okay! No bug!
The bad message is: you have probably to spent some money for more RAM or,
at least, extend your swap space significantly.
Please watch your memory usage! If a new client is launched but dies due
to shortage of memory, DCOP usually dies as well because it looses the
communication with the application. At least this was my finding when I
struggeled with the problem described.

Michael

----- Message from Olaf Hensler <Olaf.Hensler at desy.de> on Thu, 07 Oct 2004
14:42:12 +0200 -----
To:
kde-solaris at mail.kde.org
Subject:
[kde-solaris] Klauncher
Hi,

I'm using since some days now KDE 3.3 on an SUN Blade 100
running Solaris 8.
(SunOS ohensler 5.8 Generic_117350-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100)

It runs nicely, but I have one severe problem with Klauncher, probably
when using the Konqueror too often.

After a while I got "Klauncher could not be reached via DCOP"
and nothing starts anymore.

Is there a patch for this bug ?
Or can Klauncher restart automatically in care of problems ?

Unfortunately this bug makes KDE unuseable on Solaris !

Thanks for your help

Olaf