[kde-solaris] Re: kde-solaris Digest, Vol 19, Issue 1
maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 13:21:00 CEST 2004
We know that you are very carefully porting kde to sparc arch, trying to
keep all the functionalities working, so we would appreciate very much
any help with this, if you could send us your patches, only referred to
functionality, not fot SunCC porting. We have problems with kdesu, and
the screen lock, would be very nice if we could really work as a team in
this issues, as we dont have to much time to spend on this, and we arent
skilled c coders.
1. Most of us are porting KDE to Solaris using GCC 3.3.x or 3.4.1.
2. Sun prefers developers to use Sun Studio 9 to port C/C++ to Solaris.
3. KDE.org should have volunteers designated to validate and test KDE compilation on Solaris 8/9/10 platforms using GCC. Post the results and configurations used to get a clean compile.
4. Solaris 10 isn't finalized yet, so if you get KDE 3.3.0 working on Solaris 10 then mentioned what build was used - as well as the compiler flags, GCC version, and any notes on getting a clean compile.
5. Some notes should be added for people wanting to compile KDE on Solaris 2.5.1 -> 2.7. Also notes for people wanting to compile KDE using Sun Studio 9. most of the information on the web is outdated from previous people porting KDE to Solaris.
6. Problems with GCC is that it changes ABI compatibility and you can compile things using GCC2 and then switch between GCC 3.4.2 and GCC 3.3.3. I haven't seen notes from anyone compiling KDE 3.3.0 using GCC v2.95.3 or v3.4.2 as the compiler on a Solaris platform. Would be nice to see somewhere!!!!!!
Just some notes to think about,
(KDE maintainer/supporter at www.blastwave.org)
Do you Yahoo!?
vote.yahoo.com - Register online to vote today!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the kde-solaris