[kde-solaris] few questions

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 30 07:08:43 CET 2004

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 01:05, Erick Cedillos wrote:
> Ok, kio_http.la and kio_http.so are in place but NOT the file
> kchmod.  I did a search in the individual downloaded packages and
> still no go.  In looking at the KDEkdelibs-322.tar.bz2 the file is
> there but not for the 3.3.1 release, so I guess that where the
> problem lies.  I downloaded the kdelibs package again just to make
> sure and kchmod is missing.

This is the problem then. You need to install the package named
KDEkdestartupcheck-331(.tar.bz2). It will install
/opt/kde-3.3.1/bin/kchmod and /opt/kde-3.3.1/bin/kstartupcheck setuid
root. It can be found under the REQUIRED directory. It is very small.

> Oh, by the way, in trying to find out the available swap space
> using Info Center, the counters go haywire for a few seconds and
> then the KDE crash handler comes out with "The application KDE Info
> Center (kinfocenter) crashed and caused a signal 11 (SIGSEGV)."  DF
> -K shows 1% of swap space used.

This needs to be fixed then -- thank you for letting me know.

What does 'swap -s' show ?