[kde-solaris] few questions

Erick Cedillos shinma71 at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 30 05:05:10 CET 2004

I just finished installing kde 3.3.1 required packages (forte) on a fresh install of solaris 9 with all the patches and everything works ok except konqueror.  When I try to browse the internet I get the following error...

error ocurred while loading http://www.sun.com
Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_http'

This error in not generated when browsing ftp sites.

Also, when I click on the lan browser and click on the SMB folder, the following error comes up...

Could not start process Unable to create io-slave
klauncher said : unknown protocol 'smb'

Now, on this error, I have found that it maybe because I'm missing the files kio_smb.la and kio_smb.so.  In looking at SUNWkdebase-3.2.2 package, these files were included but not on this release.
There is no problem viewing the FTP and NFS folders, the HTTP folder generates the first error above.

Can you advice?  I have done everything mentioned on the KDE_installation instructions and my system specs are the following..
sun dual ultra60 360mhz
elite creator graphics with standard sound.

Thanx,
erick