[kde-solaris] Re: fibonacci

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 11:04:29 CET 2004

This is the benchmark, and these are the results. If you consider the
benchmark invalid, you should explain why it is invalid, and why
calculating a fibonacci number recursively would be biased towards
the Sun compiler as opposed to GCC. Incidentally, Sun's own
benchmarks show the same performance (33%) improvement.

The benchmark was not run by me, since i dont have a Solaris x86 box.

Stating "this benchmark is invalid because it doesn't validate my
personal beliefs" is a personal opinion, not a a factual observation.

I like getting things done too. If i can get these things done 33%
faster, even better. ;-)

--Stefan

-----