[kde-solaris] 3D Desktop Enhancement for KDE 3.3.1

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 03:07:32 CET 2004

Hi.

I have uploaded a small package named KDE3ddesktop-027-331.

It is a window manager/desktop enhancement. It provides 3-D effects
for a number of window managers, including KDE. I think it's pretty
cool.

3DDesktop is written and maintained by Brad Wasson:
http://desk3d.sourceforge.net/index.php.

I have hacked the code to make it work without the
XF86VidModeExtension (unavailable on Xsun). It's pretty easy to
configure (a default configuration file comes with the package), and
it installs in /opt/kde-3.3.1. There are two README files in
/opt/kde-3.3.1/etc.

If you have spare CPU cycles, and would like to see your KDE desktop
morph itself in 3D OpenGL, give it a try. :-)

Cheers,