[kde-solaris] KDE 3.3.1 for Solaris 8 and 9 UltraSPARC [SunStudio 9 build]

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Nov 21 01:13:13 CET 2004

Hi :-)

Hmmm. What template flags are you using to $CXX ?

When i built KDE with Forte 7, i was using
-instances=extern -template=extdef

which means instantiate templates using the Template Repository
(SunWS_cache). This option may not like the 'inline' qualifier,
though, so you might have to remove it in the code.

If you change the template instantiation model to -instances=extern
-template=extdef, you have to recompile the whole kdelibs from
scratch to use the same template instantiation model, and you have to
create shared libraries with $CXX $CXXFLAGS $LDFLAGS and archives
with $CXX $CXXFLAGS $LDFLAGS -xar  otherwise the object files inside
SunWS_cache won't get linked (archived) in. This is easy to fix
manually in libtool.

But then again, this code did not exist in 3.1.3 (which is the last
time i used Forte 7 to build KDE).

Please let me know.

--Stefan

----