[kde-solaris] KDE 3.3.1 for Solaris 8 and 9 UltraSPARC [SunStudio 9 build]

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 02:31:19 CET 2004

Hi.

I am very happy to let everyone know that i have uploaded the packages
for KDE 3.3.1 for Solaris 8 and 9 UltraSPARC, built with the
SunStudio 9 compiler (a.k.a. Forte 9). The mirrors may take a few
hours to sync.

As previously announced, the following new features and fixes are
available in this release:

- kdemultimedia can now play ogg's and mp3's (in Noatun, JuK or
Kaboodle).
- file chooser crash is fixed (you no longer need to set
KURLCOMPLETION_LOCAL_KIO).
- klauncher crash is fixed.
- support for the following UTF-8/Unicode Locales:
	en_US.UTF-8
	de_DE.UTF-8
	es_ES.UTF-8
	fr_FR.UTF-8
	it_IT.UTF-8
	sv_SE.UTF-8
- support for OpenLDAP V3, Kerberos 5, SASL and Net-SNMP.
- overall improvement in stability.
- KOffice 1.3.4 is also released, and is available under the usual
KOffice release tree.
- KDevelop 3.1.1 is also released, and is available together with the
main KDE 3.3.1 distribution.
- Scribus 1.2 is also included in this distribution.

There are additional, specific instructions for configuring XIM and
Unicode on Solaris. Please read them :-). Sun patches may have to be
applied.

I can provide additional UTF-8 Language support packages for KDE upon
request, and depending on whether the particular Locale you are
requesting is UTF-8 supported on Solaris.

Source code patches (in unified context diff format) are available in
the Solaris 9 release tree, along with build and configuration
scripts for SunStudio 9. These patches are based on the Solaris 9
build, but they should apply just as well for Solaris 8.

As usual, please post here, or email me directly, if you have any
questions. I will try my best to help.

If you are having trouble with RoadRunner (my ISP)'s spam filters, you
can email me at: stefan[DOT]teleman[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Please do not
feel singled out if RoadRunner bounces your email. I have no control
over how they decide what is spam and what is not. From what i can
tell from my side, real spam seems to travel through their filters
quite unencumbered. They only block legitimate emails. :-)

Enjoy KDE!