[kde-solaris] Recommendations for new machine

Alex Stade alex at trdlnk.com
Wed May 12 01:36:34 CEST 2004

> Hi.
>
> Sorry for the delay in answering -- it is verboten for me to post from
> work. :-|
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/3.2.1/contrib/Solaris/8/
>
> This seems to be the complete set of packages.
>
> I am in the middle of working on KDE 3.2.2 with QT 3.3.2. It should be
> done sometimes towards the end of this month.

I noticed in your configure scripts that you're referencing some scripts
in /home/steleman/programming, any chance of getting an idea what you have
in these? =)

Also, are there any special things you're doing with the /opt/fsw4sun
software in terms of compiling? I ask this because I have to support
Solaris i386 at work and I have WorkShop compilers for both SPARC and
i386. If it's something straightforward, I thought I'd be able to rip your
build environment off and compile it for i386 as well.

-Alex