[kde-solaris] Recommendations for new machine

Brian Foddy brian.foddy at nwa.com
Tue May 11 23:13:13 CEST 2004

Brian Foddy wrote:

> Lars Tunkrans wrote:
>
>> Brian Foddy wrote:
>>

>>> I was planning on loading Stefan's prebuilt kde 3.2 packages, but
>>> according
>>> to the readme it won't work on Solaris 8; bummer...
>>

>> ahem....    you have read the wrong README.  Stefans release is under
>>
>> /pub/mirrors/kde/stable/3.2.1/contrib/Solaris/8
>>
>> on the KDE mirrors.  The  other 3.2.2  sparc solaris release is from
>> some folks in spain, made with gcc.
>>
>> //Lars
>

> Well that could explain a lot :)
> I'll start over and see what happens...
>
> Brian

Ok, I'm still a bit confused about a couple things...
1.  Some mirror site have a README, others dont.
2.  All the mirror sites I've looked at have a collection of
   bz2 tarballs in the REQUIRED directory.    But the path names
in the tarballs don't seem to correspond with paths described in the
README, and
I doubt they would work as they are.  Do I need to move these path names
around?
3.  The README talks about using the packadd command, but no package files.

I'm probably missing something basic here...

Brian