[kde-solaris] Fatal communication error with a client

André Schneider Andre.Schneider at eas.iis.fhg.de
Wed Jan 28 09:20:23 CET 2004

Hi all,

In my KDE startup logfile /tmp/<user>-startkde.out
some error messages are logged:

DCOP: new daemon knotify
Fatal communication error with a client
   Authentication of this client was not successful
   Connection dropped
DCOP: unregister 'kwin-1199'
DCOP: register 'anonymous-1199' -> number of clients is now 4
DCOP:  'anonymous-1199' now known as 'kwin'
DCOP: register 'kdesktop' -> number of clients is now 5
DCOP: register 'anonymous-1200' -> number of clients is now 6
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-1200'
Fatal communication error with a client
   Authentication of this client was not successful
   Connection dropped

Does anybody know the reason for the messages?

(I'm using KDE 3.1.4 (compiled by Stefan), Solaris 8,
on several machines: Sun Blade 1000, Ultra 5, Fire 880, ...)

Thanks,
André