[kde-solaris] Re: Solaris unistd.h

Stefan Teleman Stefan.Teleman at morganstanley.com
Tue Jan 27 16:47:50 CET 2004

Hi!

A few questions:

1. which compiler
2. 32 or 64 bit build
3. could you please post your compiler flags (just
CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS)
4. could you please post the same from
${QTDIR}/mkspecs/<compiler-spec>/qmake.conf
(or whatever it's called if i'm not remembering it right).

Thanks! :-)

--Stefan

-----

Hi everybody!

As I already wrote about one year ago, on 2003-2-18, I have serious
problems
with compiling KDE on Solaris, as unistd.h contains the following part:

/* large file compilation environment setup */
#if !defined(_LP64) && _FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64
#ifdef  __PRAGMA_REDEFINE_EXTNAME
#pragma redefine_extname        ftruncate       ftruncate64
#pragma redefine_extname        lseek           lseek64
#pragma redefine_extname        pread           pread64
#pragma redefine_extname        pwrite          pwrite64
#pragma redefine_extname        truncate        truncate64
#pragma redefine_extname        lockf           lockf64
#pragma redefine_extname        tell            tell64
#else   /* __PRAGMA_REDEFINE_EXTNAME */
#define ftruncate                       ftruncate64
#define lseek                           lseek64
#define pread                           pread64
#define pwrite                          pwrite64
#define truncate                        truncate64
#define lockf                           lockf64
#define tell                            tell64
#endif  /* __PRAGMA_REDEFINE_EXTNAME */
#endif  /* !_LP64 && _FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64 */

_FILE_OFFSET_BITS is indeed set to 64 by configure, and I get loads of
messages like "no matching function for call to `QString::truncate64
(int)' "
all over the place (kdenetwork/{kdict,kget,krbf} to mention a few,
koffice/lib/kofficecore/koDocument.cc for example complains about a
missing
"KIO::NetAccess::stat64" which seems to be related).