[kde-solaris] ... people are running KDE3 on systems with as little as 64MB for daily use.

Rolf Sponsel Rolf.Sponsel at kstr.lth.se
Tue Jan 27 11:36:21 CET 2004

That link of Eva is inspiring :-) as it mentions:

"Some point to the memory footprint of KDE as a sign of its "bloat".
  As  with speed, this has been improving steadily since KDE 2.0 and
  people are running KDE3 on systems with as little as 64MB for daily
  use. ..."

 > Please see http://kdemyths.urbanlizard.com/viewMyth.php?mythID=24

Where can we find more information about
this? What is included in those figures?
And what is required to build KDE3 with
footprint requirements similar to those
that are mentioned?

Please forgive me doubting until someone
has confirmed that they have managed to
build KDE3 so that it runs on a system
with as little as 64MB for daily use.
Can someone confirm this?

Best Regards / Rolf

In message thread:

Re: [kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.4 - Can't talk to klauncher

--
----
------

Rolf Sponsel