[kde-solaris] swap space requirements [was: KDE 3.1.4 - Can't talk to klauncher]

Stefan Teleman Stefan.Teleman at morganstanley.com
Mon Jan 26 15:22:16 CET 2004

The rule of thumb for determining the minimal amount of swap space is:

at least 3 times core RAM.

That means, for a workstation with 640MB core RAM you need _AT LEAST_
1920MB swap. which you can probably safely round up to 2048MB.

Running out of swap on 640MB core with 1GB swap is not surprising at
all.

--Stefan

-----

--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender
does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.