[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.4 - Can't talk to klauncher

richard kdesolaris at nergenshuizen.nl
Mon Jan 26 14:49:41 CET 2004

Hi,

> The reason is clear and the solution is obvious.

> Unfortuantely, KDE consumes an incredible amount of memory. You simply
> run  ourtof swap space! Look at your process list and top will show you
Interesting :-) When the error occurs I am able to do things in a (already
opened) konsole, so I'll see what the state op memory is the next time it
happens. After that, I'll increase swap-space.
It's amazing really that, apparently, KDE on Solaris can eat a full GB of
ram and ditto swap :-)

> Another hint: just strip all of the executables. This should help to
> reduce the amount of necessary memory. At least in version 3.1.3 the
> binaries were not stripped.
They are in 3.1.4.

Thanks,

Richard

--
Het begint met margarine, en het eindigt met de teloorgang van
alle menselijke waarden!